A ribbon cutting by Geoff Harris, Area Manager at the Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service officially opened the new TechXchange Training Academy, he said "I am pleased to have been invited to open the TechXchange Academy; a training centre such as this will raise awareness on the importance of fire protection systems within the UK for life safety and property protection”.
During the day an overview of the practical and theory based training courses available from the TechXchange Training Academy was provided, leaving visitors with a comprehensive view of the facilities and services provided by Tyco Fire Protection Products.
The TechXchange Academy is the ideal way to share our industry leading expertise with our customers and for them to get up to speed with the latest training courses. We will be running a full schedule of programmes in 2013, including technical, educational theoretical and hands‐on sessions for our Sprinklers, Sprinkler Alarm Valves, Gaseous Suppression Systems, Restaurant Fire Suppression Systems and our Fire Detection and Alarm range.
Facts & Figures
• Fire Protection & Mechanical Training Suite 50 m²; 18 people in lecture room seating or 50 people in theatre style seating
• Suppression & Detection Training Suite 49 m²; Various Sprinkler, Alarm Valves, Watermist and Gas & Kitchen Suppression Systems
• Detection Training Suite 59 m²; 16 people in lecture room seating for FireClass Detection Systems
• Fire Protection Practice Room 12 m² – Cold Spray Demonstration capabilities for Sprinklers and Nozzles
• Yearly Planned Activities – 90-100 Sessions > 1000 Trainees
A handbook providing details about the Training Center, travel, accommodation and how to book the training sessions is currently being worked on and will be available shortly.
The EMEA Product Services team is currently working with local Territory Managers to define and create more local TechXchange Academies across EMEA.